Anabolic steroid use in sports has been controversial due to the numerous reports of athletes who have tested positive for anabolic steroid use, and the historical precedence of steroid usage in professional sports.
Despite the criticism that has accompanied steroid use scandals, there are significant benefits that may accrue from their illicit use by elite athletes as a means of optimizing training adaptations. In addition, despite being labeled as performance-enhancing drugs, the evidence concerning their potential ergogenic benefits is compelling. They may provide substantial performance enhancement to strength and power athletes during resistance training, and still appear to be used by athletes in throwing sports such as Baseball, and others that rely on maximal force production.
Before we dive into the anabolic steroids that can be used in baseball, please be reminded that this article is just for information and is not legal advice.
There are dozens of different kinds of anabolic steroids for sale on the market, but there are only a few that have been used by athletes in baseball. Let’s take a look at them now.
Anabolic steroids for Baseball
There are several steroids that can be used in baseball by athletes to help them get through the season-long grind, but some steroids are more popular than others.
- Anavar is one of the safest anabolic steroids for men because it doesn’t convert to estrogen, so muscle gains are mostly lean muscle tissue and not much water weight. It’s also great for cutting, but it’s not great for bulking, so if you’re looking to bulk up, this is not the steroid for you.
- Testosterone is one of the most popular anabolic steroids that athletes use because it’s very effective at building muscle mass and increasing strength levels. It also boosts red blood cell production, which leads to more oxygen-rich blood being pumped around the body. That also means that your heart doesn’t have to work as hard during training, which helps with endurance gains.
- Deca Durabolin is a favorite among power athletes because it boosts strength levels quickly, and it has the added benefit of improving joint function over time. A typical dosage of Deca Durabolin for baseball players is around 400mg per week.
- Anadrol helps you put on muscle mass very quickly, but it also has the added benefit of increasing red blood cell production, so your muscles are getting more oxygen-rich blood delivered to them during training. That means you can increase the number of reps and sets that you do in each gym session, so you can now train harder and build muscle at a much faster rate.
When did steroid use become banned in Baseball?
Anabolic steroids were first banned in baseball at the start of the 1990s, and it wasn’t due to a player failing a drug test. There were no positive steroid tests in Major League Baseball until Jason Giambi was named by a former partner in crime, Brian McNamee, as one of his clients who he had injected with anabolic steroids.
However, the MLB did get its first positive steroid test before Giambi was fingered. The first player to get caught with steroids in his system was catcher Steve Howe, who tested positive for anabolic steroids twice before being ejected from baseball altogether. However, despite testing positive twice, he failed to tell anyone that he’d been taking anabolic steroids.
Ever since the first positive steroid test, players who buy anabolic steroids online usa have been tested for performance-enhancing drugs in baseball, but there have only been a few players who have failed tests over the years. Among them are players like Rafael Palmeiro, Manny Ramirez, and Sammy Sosa (three guys known for their power), who all tested positive for anabolic steroids and were either reprimanded or forced to leave the sport.
Professional sports players in the US, such as baseball players, are subject to random drug testing by their respective leagues, so chances are if you’re a professional baseball player and taking anabolic steroids, you should stay off them because you might end up getting caught.
Being a fan and seeing your favorite players on steroids can be tough but that shouldn’t stop you from getting World Series tickets and enjoying the game.
Youtube videos to learn more about steroids in sports
- STEROIDS in sports ANABOLIC STEROIDS The Best Documentary HD:
- Jose Canseco Speaks Out About Steroid Use in Baseball (2005):