The key to a beautiful , healthy head of hair is proper hair care. There are many ways to keep your curls in good shape. If, for some reason, the hair does not look the best, you can treat it at home.
Causes of deteriorating hair condition
A number of factors affect the condition of the hair, the most common:
- Hereditary predisposition. Curls from birth or adolescence become prone to increased dryness, fat content, brittleness.
- Improper care. Incorrectly selected cosmetics or carelessness when washing, combing.
- The negative impact of environmental factors. These include ultraviolet rays, polluted air, etc.
- Wrong way of life. Alcohol, smoking, unhealthy diet – all this negatively affects the appearance, including the condition of the hair.
Features of hair treatment at home
Features of hair treatment at homeThe benefits of treating curls at home:
- There is no need to buy cosmetics from well-known brands. Most of the ingredients are on hand or are much cheaper.
- Individual approach. You can independently combine products at your discretion, taking into account the properties of the hair.
- You can carry out the procedures at any time, you do not need to adapt to the beautician working in the salon.
- Home remedies deal with a lot more hair problems than more highly targeted, store-bought products.
As for the disadvantages of home hair treatment, these are:
- To achieve the desired result, you need to engage in treatment for a long time. Purchased funds are faster.
- The need to combine external and internal treatments. Without adjusting the lifestyle, without eliminating the negative factors, it will not be possible to fully restore the hair.
- Serious problems cannot be eliminated. This refers to the process of alopecia – one cannot do without the recommendations and prescriptions of a doctor.
- Important to remember! If the dynamics towards the recovery of curls is not observed within 1-2 months after the start of home treatment, the obligatory help of a specialist is required.
Home hair treatments
Consider the methods of therapy depending on the type of problem.
- Hair loss can be associated with seasonal changes or a lack of nutrients in the body. First of all, you need to start taking complex vitamins. Local treatment consists of applying masks. The best recipes for hair loss:
- Egg and onion. You should take 3 quail and 1 chicken egg, squeeze the onion juice, add 2 tbsp. l. Also, you need to enter 0.5 tsp into the mixture. tincture of pepper and 1 tbsp. l. olive oil. Warm up the mass a little, process dry strands, paying special attention to the root zone. Insulate with polyethylene and a towel, keep for half an hour. Rinse off with cool water and shampoo.
- Kefir and mustard. You will need 100 ml of kefir, 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp. l. burdock oil and honey, 1 tsp. dry mustard. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly, rub well into the scalp, then apply the remaining mass along the entire length. Keep the mask for 20 minutes, pre-insulated.
- Rye bread. Mix 200 g of bread with 1 egg yolk. Add chamomile broth until a viscous gruel is obtained. Massage the composition into the root zone, then distribute to the tips. Leave on for 40 minutes.
Hair treatment for splitting and brittleness at home
To get rid of excessive fragility, the following tools will help:
- Cosmetic kerosene. Before washing the head, massage 20 ml of kerosene into the scalp, apply the rest to the strands. Keep 15 minutes.
- Vaseline oil. The drug makes the curls more elastic, soft. Apply along the entire length of the strands, leave for 30-40 minutes.
- To strengthen and improve the condition of the hair, it is useful to massage the scalp with your hands or various massagers.
Treating dull and damaged hair at home
It will be possible to reanimate lifeless curls in the following ways:
- Burdock compress. Add 2 yolks and 1 tsp to 50 ml of burdock oil. cocoa powder. Rub the composition thoroughly into the root zone, then distribute to the ends. Insulate hair, keep for 1 hour.
- Banana mask. Overripe banana with 1 tbsp. l. beat honey well with a mixer. Apply to dry curls, paying special attention to the ends. Wrap your hair with cellophane and a towel, leave for half an hour.
- Chicken egg mask. Take 1 egg and 1 tsp. castor oil, squeeze out a few drops of lemon juice. Process the hair with a mixture mixed to a homogeneous consistency, leave for 40-50 minutes.
- Important! Restorative procedures should be carried out 3-4 times a week.
Home treatment for oily hair
- Hair that tends to be oily can cause a lot of discomfort. To normalize the work of the sebaceous glands, you need to use the following means:
- Coconut oil. Heat the food a little in your hands until it starts to melt. Distribute evenly over the curls, leave for 1 hour.
- Colorless henna has a drying effect. Brew the mixture in accordance with the instructions on the package. Carefully process the root zone, the rest along the strands. Keep for 20 minutes.
- This method is used in cases where it is not possible to wash your hair. Sprinkle a little flour on the roots, wait 5 minutes, then comb out the product well. Flour absorbs fat, hair looks fresher.