CBD Oil for Mental Health: What Kids, Teens, and Parents Should Know
You’ve certainly heard about CBD oil, natural plant-based treatment with possible health advantages. There’s a lot of misunderstanding regarding the differences between CBD oil and cannabis products that can get you high, which is understandable.
CBD Oil’s Health Benefits for Children and Adolescents
When opposed to THC, CBD Oil provides special benefits for certain disorders in children and teenagers, as well as a favorable safety profile. Unfortunately, the little scientific research on CBD oil is of poor quality. “CBD is generally well accepted with a good safety profile,” according to the World Health Organization’s Comprehensive Report on CBD (2018). According to the WHO report, there is no evidence that CBD can be abused or become addictive. Preliminary research suggests it could be a “helpful treatment for a number of medical issues,” according to the experts. Benefits of using CBD oil with children include enhanced attention, memory, daytime alertness, less agitation, and a stronger immune system, according to some reports.
CBD Oil’s Promising Applications for Children and Adolescents
- Anxiety: This category includes social anxiety, generalized anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Autism: According to a study conducted in Israel, 80 percent of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder who were given CBD Oil improved their problematic symptoms and 50% improved their speech.
- Problems with sleep onset, sleep maintenance, and nightly worries are all examples of sleep problems. Check out the best cbd oil for sleep here.
- Chronic pain refers to the discomfort that is caused by inflammation.
- Epilepsy: Promising results for children with seizure disorders who have not responded to traditional therapy.
- Nausea and Appetite Suppression: Both of these conditions may benefit from this treatment.
CBD’s Interactions with Medications
The liver changes and breaks down several drugs. Cannabidiol may slow down the breakdown of several medicines in the liver. In principle, taking cannabidiol alongside some drugs that are broken down by the liver could increase their benefits and/or negative effects.
CBD Oil Dosage for Children and Adolescents
There are no established dose guidelines for CBD oil in children and teenagers. The strategy of START LOW, GO SLOW is frequently recommended by a doctor. The easiest approach to offer CBD to kids is through high-quality CBD candies and unflavored isolate forms of CBD oil combined with a beverage or food.
The Best CBD Oil Products to Buy
CBD is available in a variety of forms, including liquid, capsules, topical lotions and creams, vaping fluids, and food and beverage products. CBD oil can be purchased in a “full-spectrum” form, which includes many of the hemp plant’s entire plant materials/compounds that may have additional medicinal advantages.
The only disadvantage for children may be that this version of hemp oil has a stronger, earthy flavor that some children may dislike. These are required by law to have less than 0.3 percent THC, which is a minimal quantity. CBD isolates, on the other hand, are available in a liquid form that is colorless, odorless and has no THC at all, making it easier to mix into drinks or food for youngsters to consume.