Hyperpigmentation is one of the common skincare concerns around the world. It is a condition in which dark patches appear on the skin randomly but mostly on the face and neck. These patches make the skin look uneven and dull. Hyperpigmentation may occur due to many reasons such as medical conditions, genetic conditions or just cosmetic reasons. In case you have a medical condition that needs to be assessed, contact a doctor and get yourself checked properly. You can get your medicines from https://www.90daymeds.com/medications/ at discounted prices as well.
Choosing Suitable Skincare Products:
There are several skincare products on the market that help treat uneven skin tone. Look for one of the following ingredients while shopping for skincare products:
- Vitamin C: reduces the formation of melanin and protects against sun damage.
- Glyolic acid: removes dead skin cells to reveal healthier skin. It also reduces acne, melasma, scarring, and sun-related aging.
- Salicylic acid: is beneficial for post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Retinol: Increases healthy cell turnover to speed up the production of healthy, new skin layer. It improves skin tone and reduces the signs of sun damage.
- Niacinamide: reduces inflammation that comes with acne and other irritating skin conditions. It also helps treat hyperpigmentation and improves signs of aging.
- Peony Root Extract: helps enhance luminosity and clarity.
- Licorice Root Extract: improves hydration with skincare formulas.
- White Birch Extract: helps to prevent future dark spots and skin discolorations.
Apart from these products here’s what you can do to reduce hyperpigmentation:
- Keep Skin Moist
In addition to addressing the hyperpigmentation, a good skincare product should have moisturizing agents like glycerin or hyaluronic acid to boost healthy cell turnover. These ingredients help the active brighteners to work more effectively. A good moisturizer also restores the lipid barrier, to protect it from harmful UV rays.
- Consider using sunscreen
There is nothing more important than sunscreen in skincare. If you apply dozens of creams and serums to nourish your skin and don’t wear sunscreen then all that hardwork is of no use. Make a habit of applying sunblock first thing in the morning, even if you are not going out. Make sure to apply sunscreen every 2 hours if you are outdoors.
- Drink plenty of water
Water is the essence of natural beauty and health. Keep yourself hydrated so your skin can produce the necessary compounds to fight off discolouration and irritants.