Neuropathy pain affects millions of people around the world. Neuropathy can be defined as damage to the body’s peripheral nervous system. This damage will cause signals for things such as movement and warmth to be disrupted. This nervous system disruption can be caused by things such as vitamin deficiencies, lack of exercise, and alcoholism. Fortunately, the pain from neuropathy can be relived through holistic approaches, and therefore you should start searching for holistic wellness center columbia sc. Below are a few examples of how to naturally reverse the symptoms of neuropathy.
Many vitamin supplements can ease neuropathy symptoms, enhance nervous system support, and provide a holistic approach to neuropathy. Examples of this are as follows.
- B Complex Vitamins. B-9 and B-12 deficiencies can damage a body’s nerves. These vitamin shortages will damage the protective features of the nerves and cause a decline in overall nerve health. By supplementing B-1, B-6, and B-12 vitamins, the person with neuropathy will ease the pain caused by the former deficiency.
- Magnesium and calcium. These supplements are used together to provide relief of muscle cramps. Muscle cramps are a side effect of neuropathy.
- Vitamin E. This vitamin is most known for its antioxidant features. These features will reduce the inflammation caused by neuropathy and ease the burning and tingling associated with it.
Smoking tobacco products can cause severe repercussions in the human body. Increasing neuropathy symptoms is one example of a negative repercussion. Smoking decreases the body’s ability to circulate blood flow correctly. This reduced blood flow causes neuropathy, pain, and symptoms. By quitting smoking, the sufferer will decrease the pain, tingling, and numbness from neuropathy.
Exercise will promote health and healing for numerous body functions. Exercise will increase the tone of muscles, which will reduce symptoms of neuropathy. Exercise will reduce symptoms the person already feels because of the issue and provide a preventative solution to the problems that cause neuropathy. Many sufferers of neuropathy have diabetes. Management of blood sugar levels can be achieved through regular exercise, thus decreasing the risks associated with diabetes and its subsequent complications. The activity also reduces the pressure placed on blood vessels that cause many symptoms of neuropathy.
Diet plays an essential role in the elimination of neuropathy symptoms. One of the leading causes of this disorder is diabetes. A correct diet can lower blood sugars, which translates to a decrease in symptoms. Eating foods low in carbs and high in fiber will decrease the likelihood of blood sugar increases. Foods to avoid are as follows:
- White bread and other such foods
- Processed foods
Many dietary changes can be beneficial to those with neuropathy regardless of any associated conditions. For instance:
- Foods that are rich in antioxidants. Foods such as fish and blueberries will help to reduce inflammation and associated symptoms.
- Foods that are high in fiber. These types of foods will also assist with symptoms due to inflammation.
- Reducing sodium intake. High intakes of sodium can reduce blood flow will enhance symptoms such as numbness.
- Reducing fats. Saturated and trans fats reduce the overall health of the nerves and should be eliminated.
- Alcohol intake. Consumption of alcohol can cause neuropathy pain. However, limiting or eliminating alcohol can reverse many effects of neuropathy.
There are numerous pharmaceutical medications a person can take for relief of neuropathy, but there are holistic approaches that can be used in conjunction with or by themselves to provide further relief. By implementing the above tips, the pain and numbness from this disorder will be a thing of the past.